Last summer I made these awesome ice blocks, made out of fruit that were such a great alternative for the little ones, so easy to make and delicious (my girl was still quite young so I ate most of them myself). Great for that hot summer day in the backyard.
All you need is some ice block moles, which we had by chance picked up a few years earlier (for more adult ice blocks I think), and you can get these from any supermarkets.
- 1 large mango peeled and chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of water or coconut milk - I tried with water and it was great
- 1/2 cup of strawberries sliced
- Place mango, lime juice and water into a blender and puree until smooth
- Throw in chopped strawberries in (without blending) just before pouring the mixture into the moulds
- Freeze overnight or until set
these are only 42 calories per serve and just amazing.
Share your amazing pics of how delicious they look on instagram @Ocnyfire or facebook.
for other great recipes for healthy ice blocks check out the healthymummy.com website