I have to say for lactation cookies these are the yummiest. I was a bit concerned if they’d be any good, but when I noticed I wasn’t quite keeping up with the latest demand feeding I gave it a go, and I think it made a difference. But who doesn’t like cookies anyway!
For the first batch I made the mistake of baking them all and that meant I ate them all... so this time I made all the dough balls and was able to freeze the majority into 3-4 biscuit packs, so when I feel I need some just put 3 into the oven.
Enjoy! Would love to see your pics
- 115 g butter softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (105g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (105g) flour
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brewers yeast
- 2 TBSP LSA or flaxseed/linseed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 g dark chocolate chunks
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper or a Silpat liner.
Cream butter and sugars using a stand or handheld mixer on high speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until combined.
Add all remaining ingredients except the chocolate and mix on low speed until combined. Stir through the chocolate chunks.
Using your hands, roll balls about 1 TBSP in size and place on the prepared tray. No need to flatten the cookies. At this stage you can also freeze the cookie dough (see note 1)
Bake for 12 minutes, until just starting to go golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
- To freeze the cookie dough balls, place the rolled balls in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper (or anything else that can go in the freezer). Freeze for a couple of hours, or until firm and then transfer to a snaplock bag and store in the freezer for 3 months. When you are ready to bake them, remove from the freezer and place directly on the tray you will bake them on, allow the dough balls to come to room temperature and bake according to instructions.